Last year, we held an ALPHA course which was followed by 'Beta course: exploring our Catholic faith'. Both were suitable for Catholics as well as those who are not already Catholic but want to find out more about faith.
Also, we had some visiting speakers on various topics!
So stay tuned what's coming this year!
"In a world of noise, confusion and conflict it is necessary that there be places of silence, inner discipline and peace. In such places, love can blossom."
There are many retreats and spiritual events especially aimed at students and young people. At the Chaplaincy we organise an annual weekend away in February, but you may also consider attending other retreats, conferences, day events or discernment weekends. Below you will find information about some of these!! Take a look and see if anything would suit you.
Local discernment Opportunities
• Sr Bridget Folkard runs a vocational discernment group in Liverpool and also some day events that may be of interest.
• The Archdiocese of Liverpool also has a monthly discernment group for those interested in the Priesthood. Fr James Preston is responsible for this.
• The FCJ sisters here in Liverpool have a 6 pm mass every Monday which you may like to attend to get to know the community.
Retreats offer a longer period away, of peace and prayer and there are many different organisations and Religious communities that offer these.
• Ampleforth Abbey in Yorkshire runs a set of Path for Life weekends which offer space to explore the direction of your life. They also welcome hundreds of guests each year for their annual Triduum Retreat which includes a special student programme.
• The Augustinian Sisters at Boarbank Hall in Cumbria have a number of themed retreats over the year which all look interesting.
• The Compass project is a national programme for discerning your vocation.